Re: Avoiding exposed content in DAM+OIL

From: Stefan Decker (stefan@db.stanford.edu)
Date: 12/27/00

OPS,

after checking with the RDF Spec I discovered another bug.
While my last email contained valid RDF, the value of XML attributes
are treated like strings, not resources.
#father, however, is a resource - so Ian's suggestion does unfortunately
not work.

The following productions taken from the RDF Spec are relevant here:
<quote >
   [16] propAttr       ::= propName '="' string '"'
                           (with embedded quotes escaped)
   [17] typedNode      ::= '<' typeName idAboutAttr? propAttr* '/>'
                         | '<' typeName idAboutAttr? propAttr* '>'
                               property* '</' typeName '>'
</quote>
the value of propAttr is a String.