New version of walk-through available

From: Frank van Harmelen (Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl)
Date: 12/24/00

Dear joint-everybody,

The location http://www.cs.vu.nl/~frankh/spool/DAML+OIL now contains exactly the same files as in Ian's earlier announcement of the DAML+OIL material, with two changes:

- a new version of the annotated example has been added (walkthru.html)
- the example itself (daml+oil-ex.daml) has been changed in various places to allow better exposition of the language featurs.

You can inspect the changes quite easily:

All the interesting changes in the walkthrough in  http://www.cs.vu.nl/~frankh/spool/DAML+OIL/daml+oil-walkthru.html are marked in grey. (There are many more smaller changes in sequence and formulation of the material, but I've only marked those which are of major importance).

All the interesting changes in in the example in
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~frankh/spool/DAML+OIL/daml+oil-ex.daml are marked with comments labelled "FvH". Again, I've only labelled the important changes.
(Use "view source" if your Netscape only appears to show you an empty file).

After receiving your feedback I will make any requested amendments, remove the change-annotations, and then the material is ready for release.

By that time, I also hope to have a reference document ready. This should be an amended version of the OIL white paper, which is a systematic description of all the language elements.

Enjoy Christmas,

Frank.
   ----