Re: Examples of use of DAML Services

From: David Martin (martin@ai.sri.com)
Date: 03/15/02

    John -

    I second Terry's apology for the slow response to your question.

    I think it's fair to say that several members of the DAML-S coalition intend
    to produce DAML-S services in connection with the Experiment, depending of
    course on the Experiment requirements and scenarios as they evolve.  There is
    also some exploration under way to see if it would be useful to use DAML-S to
    tie in with the CoABS Grid.

    Also, we've just begun talking to a commercial company (called WAND), which
    appears to have a leading position in providing product and service
    directories/ontologies, to determine if we could translate their existing
    service ontology into DAML-S.  This could lead to a tie-in with UDDI, or
    rather, strengthen the tie-in already started by CMU.

    Regards,

    - David