RE: Examples of use of DAML Services

From: Terry R. Payne (terryp@cs.cmu.edu)
Date: 03/15/02

John,
	sorry for the delay.  We are/will be generating a number
of DAML services as part of the DAML-S experiments (including
flight reservation services - such as BravoAir [1]; we are also
working on several others such as rail or boat resevervations
and car hire, hotel/hostal/b&b reservations and restaurant
reservations to explore how agnets can construct task plans
that combine the execution of several services).

In addition, we are marking up some of the agents previously
used as part of the CoABS project (e.g. the Route-Planning
Agent (RPA) and weather agents).

Finally, we are developing several smaller translation services
(e.g. [2]) to automatically convert concepts marked up in one
ontology into another understood by the Retsina Calendar Agent.

	Terry

[1] http://www.daml.org/services/daml-s/2001/10/
[2]
http://www.daml.ri.cmu.edu/site/projects/DMATranslation/ont/DMA2FOAF.daml