AAAI-05 and ISWC

From: Sheila McIlraith (sheila@cs.toronto.edu)
Date: 05/13/05

    Dear Semantic Web Colleagues,

    As part of the upcoming Twentieth National Conference on Artificial
    Intelligence (AAAI-05), AAAI is pleased to announce the first AI
    Sister Conference Highlights Program, which will have representatives
    from 13 major AI conferences summarizing the highlights and hotspots
    of their communities. For a complete list, please see
    http://www.aaai.org/Conferences/National/2005/aaai05.html.
    You'll note that ISWC2004 has been asked to overview our conference.

    As the early registration deadline approaches (this Friday, May 13),
    We wanted to draw your attention to several conference details. A
    preliminary copy of the conference schedule at a glance can be found
    at http://www.aaai.org/Conferences/National/2005/aaai05.html. In
    addition, the list of 229 accepted AAAI papers is at
    http://www.aaai.org/Conferences/National/2005/technical05.html and
    the IAAI-05 list of deployed and emerging applications is at
    http://www.aaai.org/Conferences/IAAI/2005/iaai05-contents.html.

    The conference program chairs (AAAI-05: Manuela Veloso and Subbarao
    Kambhampati; IAAI: Neil Jacobstein and Bruce Porter) have put
    together a wonderful slate of invited speakers, including:

    AAAI-05
    -------
    Keynote: Marvin Minsky, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
    Presidential Address: Ron Brachman, Corporation for National Research
    Initiatives

    Invited Speakers:
       Tucker Balch, Georgia Institute of Technology
       Chitta Baral, Arizona State University
       Amy Greenwald, Brown University
       Marti Hearst, University of California, Berkeley
       Sridhar Mahadevan, University of Massachusetts
       Dana Nau, University of Maryland

    IAAI-05
    -------
       J. Martin Tenenbaum: The Future of AI and the Web
       Jeff Hawkins, Redwood Neuroscience Institute: AI Winter into Spring:
          Can a New Theory of Neocortex Lead to Truly Intelligent Machines?
       Martin Keane: Real-world Applications of Genetic Programming

    Robert S. Engelmore Memorial Lecture: James A. Hendler, University of
    Maryland

    Finally, the Intelligent Systems Demonstration Program will showcase
    22 state-of-the-art AI implementations, and the Robot Program
    currently has 15  participating teams, and more are expected.

    Additional information about these and other AAAI-05 programs is
    being posted on the web site daily. Detailed schedules should be
    available soon. Please feel free to contact AAAI at aaai05@aaai.org
    if you have any questions.

    We hope you can join us in Pittsburgh!

    Sheila McIlraith on behalf of AAAI-05