New DAML Program Manager

From: mburke (mburke@darpa.mil)
Date: 05/08/03

    Dear Colleagues,

    It is my pleasure to announce that Dr. Mark Greaves will be the next DAML
    Program Manager when I leave DARPA on June 6th.  Mark has had a keen
    interest in the DAML program as well as in formal semantics and software
    agents.  He has actually used DAML in his Ultralog program.  I believe
    Mark's experience in artificial intelligence, logic and agent based
    computing as well as Mark's vision and enthusiasm will make him an excellent
    individual to lead this program.

    I would like to thank everyone for their support over the past 18 months.
    DAML is truly a unique program that will undoubtedly have revolutionary
    impact on the Department of Defense and, indeed, the world.   Your
    innovation, passion, and world class expertise gives me the highest
    confidence that the DAML program will make a lasting contribution to
    computer science.  It has been a wonderful opportunity for me to have worked
    with all of you.

    In my next job, I will be providing SETA support to IPTO.  I know that IPTO
    has enormous interest in the Semantic Web, description logic, and knowledge
    base technology.  I anticipate working with most of you in this new role and
    welcome this prospect.  So this really isn't goodbye.........!!!

    Best wishes.

    Murray

    Murray A. Burke
    Program Manager
    DARPA/IXO
    3701 N. Fairfax Drive		Phone: 703-696-2303
    Arlington, VA 22203-1714	Fax:     517-218-4550
    mailto: mburke@darpa.mil	DSN:          426-2303