DAML-S/OWL-S 0.9 Beta Release and New DAML-S Web Pages

From: David Martin (martin@ai.sri.com)
Date: 05/07/03

    Announcing two DAML-S updates
    =============================

    DAML-S 0.9 Beta Release
    -----------------------
    A new version of DAML-S/OWL-S, version 0.9, is now available in "beta
    release" here:

        http://www.daml.org/services/daml-s/0.9/

    This release will be labelled as "Beta" for 2 - 3 weeks, during which
    time we will finalize several files and make any minor corrections that
    are identified.

    In this release, we are providing parallel sets of ontology and example
    files in DAML+OIL and in OWL.  (Many thanks to Bijan Parsia for
    providing the translations to OWL.)  The Grounding subontology has been
    extended to allow for more general and flexible use with a wider variety
    of WSDL-enabled services, and a number of minor improvements have been
    made to the Process subontology and the code examples.  In addition, new
    Web pages have been created, for Use cases, Code examples, and Tools,
    and will be populated over time with contributions from the DAML-S user
    community.

    New DAML-S Website design
    -------------------------

    The DAML-S Web site has been redesigned, by Terry Payne, to provide
    improved resources and facilities for sharing resources across the
    DAML-S community.  The new site includes details on:

    * Coalition Publications
    * Press Releases and Event News
    * A Tool archive
    * A Repository for Examples, Service Description fragments etc
    * Suggested use cases
    * Community publications
    * Links to the WS Mailing List Archive

    The location of the DAML-S home page is still:

    	http://www.daml.org/services/

    For this site to work, we need tools, examples, use-cases, DAML-S
    related papers, etc to share.  If there are any resources that would be
    of use to members of the DAML-S community, then please share these by
    mailing details to the Mailing List (www-ws@w3.org) or submitting them
    to the DAML-S site.  Submission is currently email based; but an
    automated (and web-services based, naturally) interface should be
    available soon.

    Regards,
    David Martin & Terry Payne
    for the DAML-S Coalition