Msg forwarded from Dr. Jim Hendler

From: John Flynn (jflynn@bbn.com)
Date: 08/14/01

DAML Researchers:
   As you know, I am leaving DARPA in September.  I have loved my time
here, and the DAML program has been one of the most exciting things
I've ever done, but the time has come for me to return to the
University.
   Murray Burke, who runs DARPA's RKF program, will be taking over the
DAML Program at the beginning of September.  Murray and I will be in
touch with you in respect to details of the transition.  I believe
Murray will do a great job, and urge you all to work with him as
energetically as you've worked for me.
   As for my whereabouts, as of September 1st, I will be resuming my
position as a Professor at the University of Maryland as well as
taking a new position as the Director of Semantic Web and Agent
Technologies at the newly formed Maryland Information and Network
Dynamics Laboratory.  I will also be chairing the W3C Web Ontology
Working Group which was announced formally today - see
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-logic/2001Aug/0014.html
  Again it has been a privilege and pleasure to work with you all, and
thank you all for the great efforts on a great DARPA program
  Looking forward to hearing more great things from you in the future,
  Jim Hendler
Dr. James Hendler       jhendler@darpa.mil
DARPA/ITO               703-696-2238 (phone)
3701 N. Fairfax Dr.           703-696-2201 (Fax)
Arlington, VA 22203           http://www.cs.umd.edu/~hendler

John Flynn
(703) 284-4612
DAML Integration and Transition PM