PI Meeting

From: John Flynn (jflynn@bbn.com)
Date: 01/31/01

All,

The updated agenda for the 13-15 February DAML PI meeting is posted at:

http://schafercorp-ballston.com/DAML_pi/agenda.htm

Demonstration will be in the Technology Integration Center from 1500 to
1700 on Wednesday. The primary audience for these demos will be other
people associated with the DAML effort. So far I have only heard from three
teams that intend to demo. We need to assign/reserve space for your demos,
so please let me know if your are bringing a demo. Try to bring the demo on
your own laptop if possible. We will furnish monitors and/or projectors. If
you need a computer for your demo, please let us know what you need as soon
as possible. Network connectivity will be available. Also, we will be able
to print out a poster board for your demo locally so you don't have to
carry them on the airplane. We intend to keep copies of the poster boards
to put on the walls in the TIC DAML Lab. To keep the poster boards
reasonably consistent, please put the DARPA logo in the upper right corner
and the DAML logo in the upper left corner. You can put your
company/university logo in the bottom right corner if you desire. The
poster boards should be portrait orientated so that they will fit behind
computers in the DAML Lab. If you don't have the DARPA/DAML logos, we will
add them on for you prior to printing.

Please note the three major breakout sessions (listed below). There are
three 50-minute blocks with each of the breakout session running in
parallel to give you an opportunity to participate in more than one session.
- Language
- Applications and Tools
- Services

Also, please note the Birds-of-a-Feather sessions on Wednesday and
Thursday. Candidate subjects are:
- DAML and UML:  Paul Kogut, Lewis Hart
- DAML Rules (RuleML, etc.):  Benjamin Grosof
- Ontology Translation:  TBD (Adam Pease?)
- DAML Transition to Horus:  Joe Rockmore, Brian Kettler

Let us know if you would like additional Birds-of-a-Feather sessions on a
DAML-related subject.

Thanks,

John

John Flynn