Joint Committee Minutes 21 November 2000
This page summarizes the telecon for the Joint US/EU
Committee on Agent Markup Languages
held from 1300 to 1400 PST on 21 November 2000.
These minutes were prepared by the chairman,
and were approved during the 28 November telecon.
- Tim Berners-Lee
- Dan Connolly (joined late)
- Mike Dean
- Stefan Decker
- Dieter Fensel (joined late)
- Frank van Harmelen
- Pat Hayes (joined late)
- Jeff Heflin
- Jim Hendler (joined late)
- Ian Horrocks
- Ora Lassila
- Deb McGuinness
- Lynn Andrea Stein
We spent most of the meeting discussing the draft
from Ian Horrocks and Peter Patel-Schneider.
This draft was circulated to the committee for feedback prior
to being posted on www-rdf-logic for public comment.
The committee decided to defer an official vote on the proposals (see below)
until after the public review.
The general feeling of the committee was:
(5 and 6 were originally listed as one item)
- definition of Thing: support
- add local cardinality restrictions: support
- iff conditions: no consensus (and lots of discussion)
- cardinality removed from properties: support
- removal of qualifications: support
- renaming of toValue/hasValue: support
- removal of default: support (or define semantics for default)
- namespace equivalents: no consensus, but leaning toward support -- this is potentially disruptive to current users of daml-ont
There was some discussion as to what the committing voting on a proposal means.
The consensus is that this committee controls the language specification
now known as DAML-ONT, and can vote to change it
(generally in response to public discussion on the www-rdf-logic email list).
Our actions will be announced to www-rdf-logic.
If folks respond negatively on www-rdf-logic and add additional information,
a topic can be revisited by the committee.
RESOLVED: There will be no telecon on December 5,
given the face-to-face meetings planned for December 7-8.
The Rules Subcommittee will hold an initial telecon immediately following
next week's meeting.
Kelly Barber's raw notes
last week's minutes
$Id: 2000-11-21.html,v 1.3 2000/12/04 22:05:25 mdean Exp $