Re: Revised daml-time.pddl

From: pat hayes (phayes@ai.uwf.edu)
Date: 10/29/02

    >I forgot two things in my previous message:
    >
    >1) Yoav Shoham worked out an exhaustive taxonomy of eventuality types
    >    as part of his Ph.D. work.  Different types behave differently with
    >    regard to whether holding over an interval implies holding at each
    >    instant of the interval, and other such distinctions.  I'm not sure
    >    where to find the taxonomy, but we could ask Yoav.

    Obviously I havn't been tracking this stuff closely enough.

    I would be very unhappy if daml-time requires us to swallow an
    ontology of 'eventualities'. Seems to me that there is no need to
    ever introduce eventualities in a well-designed ontology; they are
    just the sentences that are true at a time, and if one writes things
    properly then they can stay being sentences.

    Pat

    IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
    40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
    Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
    FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell
    phayes@ai.uwf.edu	          http:/	          http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes
    s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam