Re: SUMO chunk for spatial stuff?

From: Adam Pease (apease@ks.teknowledge.com)
Date: 04/21/03

    Hi Dan,
       The spatial material falls under the "Mereotopology".  The graph of the
    11 modules looks like

    ;;                             STRUCTURAL ONTOLOGY
    ;;                                      +
    ;;                                      |
    ;;                                      |
    ;;                                      +
    ;;                                 BASE ONTOLOGY
    ;;                                 /   |   |   \
    ;;                                /    |   |    \
    ;;                               /     |   |     \
    ;;                              /      |   |      \
    ;;                             /       |   |       \
    ;;                            +        +   +        +
    ;;             SET/CLASS THEORY   NUMERIC  TEMPORAL  MEREOTOPOLOGY
    ;;                               /     |        |           |
    ;;                              /      |        |           |
    ;;                             /       |        |           |
    ;;                            +        +        +           +
    ;;                        GRAPH   MEASURE   PROCESSES +--+ OBJECTS
    ;;                                              +           +
    ;;                                               \         /
    ;;                                                 QUALITIES

    You can look at all the instances of SpatialRelation
    <http://ontology.teknowledge.com:8080/rsigma/SKB.jsp?req=SC&name=SpatialRelation&skb=SUMO>
    to find most of the spatial ontology content.

    Let me know if you have any questions on the spatial stuff or the WordNet
    mappings.  We think they will be very useful.

    Adam