FW: A DAML Spatial Ontology

From: John Flynn (jflynn@bbn.com)
Date: 01/24/03

    -----Original Message-----
    From: mburke [mailto:mburke@darpa.mil]
    Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 4:38 PM
    To: 'Jerry Hobbs'; daml-all@daml.org; daml-pi@daml.org; jflynn@bbn.com;
    mdean@bbn.com; daml@ai.sri.com; nasher@bertie.la.utexas.edu; rusty@bbn.com;
    vinay@ai.sri.com; jennifer@gaia.arc.nasa.gov; forbus@northwestern.edu;
    Mark.Gorniak@rl.af.mil; knoblock@ISI.EDU; macgregor@ISI.EDU; russ@ISI.EDU;
    beth.sundheim@navy.mil
    Subject: RE: A DAML Spatial Ontology

    All,

    My thanks to Jerry Hobbs for getting this started.  I encourage your
    participation as appropriate.  I believe spatial/geo-spatial reasoning
    along with temporal reasoning to be an essential component of most military
    applications.

    Murray A. Burke
    Program Manager
    DARPA/IXO
    mburke@darpa.mil
    3701 N. Fairfax Drive           Phone: 703-696-2303
    Arlington, VA 22203-1714        Fax:     571-218-4550