REST

From: John Flynn (jflynn@bbn.com)
Date: 06/20/02

    All,

    I attended the DISA XML Working Group meeting last week and one of the
    speakers was Roger Costello from MITRE. His presentation was on
    Representation State Transfers (REST). His slides are at
    http://www.xfront.com <http://www.xfront.com/> .

    His claim is that REST is a far superior architectural style over using SOAP
    for implementing Web Services. Some of his ideas might have applicability to
    DAML-Services as well.

    PS: You will also find a very nicely done tutorial on XML Schema at Roger’s
    web site. I am trying to convince him to create a similar tutorial on DAML.

    John

    John Flynn
    (703) 284-4612
    DAML Integration and Transition PM