Re: Some questions/comments on the DAML draft

From: Zanger Daniel (zanger_daniel@bah.com)
Date: 10/11/00

I think the two intended definitions are
ultimately supposed to be equivalent. It seems to me the second
Google reference cited doesn't really come out with an actual
tangible definition that is different from
standard union, however.

As to the exchange,

<! QUESTION: what is the value of your disjoint-union when the classes
arent disjoint?>

> > er... the same as the "value" of any other false assertion,
> > such as 5<4.

Actually,
I think the whole value of the disjoint union of sets IS for when the
classes are NOT disjoint; otherwise in the case when they are
disjoint it operates just like the usual union.

daniel zanger.