OWL working drafts - feedback sought

From: Jim Hendler (hendler@cs.umd.edu)
Date: 09/01/02

As Mike Dean mentioned a few weeks back, we have released the first
real langauge-based working drafts of the OWL langauge - successor to
DAML+OIL.  We could use some feedback as to whether we are going in
the right direction.  The document
    http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-features/
is a short summary of the language and will show what has changed so
far from DAML+OIL.  We would welcome feedback on the public mailing
list (see below) if you have issues with any of changes or, in fact,
if you think these changes are positive -- i.e. just a "this looks
good" would be useful feedback
  We would particularly like feedback as to whether the naming of a
subset (Owl Lite in these documents) is a good or bad idea.
  In addition, there are some who feel that stopping at OWL Lite would
be a good idea (i.e. come out with a simpler version w/less
inferential power, but easier to implement) - we need feedback on
this as well
  thanks much
  Jim H
  CoChair, Web Ontology Working Group