RE: ASSERTION, QUESTION, SUGGESTION

From: mburke (mburke@darpa.mil)
Date: 04/05/02

I agree with David Martin's assessment of the need as well as Jim's
assessment of the Web Site.
I think some of the best arguments for DAML from the DOD standpoint are in
Jim's initial proposal within DARPA to get the initiative started.  Of
course, his proposal argues why we need a research program more than why
someone should adopt and use DAML in the next few years.  I believe the key
DAML interest in DARPA/IXO is related to the potential support it provides
for information integration which in turn enhances timely military
decision-making.

While I disagree with John Lemmer it is always nice to hear from the
Bayesian's.

Murray A. Burke
Program Manager
DARPA/IXO
3701 N. Fairfax Drive              Phone: 703-696-2303
Arlington, VA 22203-1714      Fax:     703-696-2203