Disappointment with all of you...

From: Jim Hendler (jhendler@darpa.mil)
Date: 04/24/01

Daml PIs -
  I just sent the following message to the www-rdf-logic list

At 8:05 PM -0400 4/24/01, Jim Hendler wrote:
>Folks-
>  we know a lot of you out there have been playing with DAML+OIL and
>building ontologies and/or playing w/instances.  To make this
>easier, we created the DAML ontology repository and DAML crawler,
>Both can be accessed from http://www.daml.org/ and it is easy to
>submit pointers to new ontologies and/or to provide pointers to web
>pages to start the crawler.  To date we have 112 ontologies, and the
>crawler as found about 12,000 DAML pages with over 1.2M DAML
>statements on them -- however, that number has been static for a
>while.  If you are playing with DAML, these are useful tools and
>linking to them will help us build large sets of statements to play
>with -- so I just wanted to remind everyone this exists and to
>welcome your participation
>  -Jim Hendler

but now let me rephrase it to you folks -- the fact that we have not
had new ontologies added or new pages found by the crawler since the
last DAML meeting does not bode well for any of your continued
existence in this program!!  If you're not using DAML - then go find
someone else to fund your work.  If you are, make sure you are
letting us know about it by registering ontologies, or by creating
more DAML out there and linking you stuff to the web site.
  Let me re-emphasize this -- if I somehow didn't make it clear in the
past that I want you to be creating ontologies/using DAML - then here
it is now.  No DAML, no funds.  As simple as that.
  -Jim Hendler
  DAML PM
--
Prof. James Hendler		Program Manager