Feb DAML PI Meeting

From: John Flynn (jflynn@bbn.com)
Date: 12/15/00

All,

The next DAML PI meeting will be held February 13-15 (Tuesday - Thursday),
2001 in Arlington, VA. The meeting will be held in the Sheraton National
hotel. Schafer Corporation will publish the URI for the registration web
site in early January. The current plan is not to have each research team
present a status briefing. We will instead focus on the results and lessons
learned from the homework assignments (there will be a third assignment due
prior to the PI meeting) and demonstrations of some of the emerging DAML
tools. Of course, the status and evolution of the DAML language will also
be a key topic. Breakout sessions will also be used to further explore
selected topics.

The second day will be dedicated to demonstrations to be held at the DARPA
Technology Integration Center (TIC), which is very close to the hotel.
Please let me know if you plan to conduct a demonstration (all are encouraged
to do so). If possible, plan to conduct your demonstration using your own
laptop computer. We will provide monitors and/or projectors and easels for
poster boards. To save you the problem of carrying posters, we will print
them out locally if you provide an electronic version.

A draft agenda will be published on the Schafter Corporation registration
web site and the detailed agenda for the PI meeting will be published in
early January.

Thanks,

John

John Flynn