DAML Homework Assignment 2: DAML Queries/Life Cycle
Due: Friday, 15 December 2000
This assignment is intended to get everyone thinking about the portions of the
DAML "life cycle" beyond ontology and content creation.
- Start with the
homework assignment 1,
augmented, if desired, by hypothetical DAML repositories of your own choosing.
- Propose 5 queries of roughly increasing complexity that might be
performed on any or all these data sets.
Queries can be expressed in English, predicate calculus, and/or other
- Describe how you would expect these queries to be implemented.
Identify the major DAML software components
(in text, HTML, PowerPoint, GIF, or JPEG)
the control and data flow among them.
Your solution may address some or all of the following topics
Consider how this could be accomplished if some of the DAML content was
sensitive information stored on multiple WWW sites protected by passwords
You may or may not have access to all of the data.
- query language
- dynamic retrieval
- Extra Credit: Develop software to implement any or all of 3.
- Based on your architectural sketch in 3,
propose any new entries to be added to the
- Discuss any lessons learned or insights gained from this assignment.
- Post the homework results on your public project page,
and send the URL to
A third homework assignment will be assigned in December
and due on February 1,
shortly before the DAML Workshop in DC.
$Id: assignment2.html,v 1.3 2000/11/17 19:43:48 mdean Exp $