- how will users find your data?
- if you expect users to access your data dynamically,
you need to reflect this in your ontology
- consider the classic n:m Entity-Relationship example
of students and classes:
- given a student, can you find the classes?
- given a class, can you find the students?
- if you create a separate instance
for the relationship, neither may be true
- some tools may provide the ability to link from objects back to subjects
- this isn't guaranteed
- it only works with data that's already in the local model
- for dynamically generated content,
it's desirable to generate both forward and backward
links (inverse properties)
- personal opinion:
I hope to use DAML-Services to
answer questions like
"Where can I find statements with population properties for instances of Country?"