Existing DAML applications generally
retrieve one or more DAML pages ahead of time
and then process them.
The use of URIs to name DAML+OIL instances
offers the opportunity to retrieve them dynamically,
as they are needed.
This page describes a
and a simple
designed to exercise and demonstrate this capability.
is a wrapper around an existing Jena
methods such as
and causes the page indicated in the subject URI
to be loaded if it hasn't been loaded already.
is a simplified version of the
that dynamically queries an underlying
whenever the statements for a given subject are viewed.
The following files are available for download:
- implements a Jena model where resources are retrieved as references
- provides a simple viewer for DynamicModel and other Jena models
- prompts the user for a password when accessing password-protected pages.
Possible Future Directions
- the current implementation is a prototype
that needs to be generalized to provide consistent support
for all methods
- dynamic loading probably belongs in the core of
- provide feedback on the loading of large and/or distant pages
- accommodate non-resolvable URIs more gracefully
- provide an implementation compatible with
from the Jena DAML API
$Id: index.xml,v 1.4 2003/08/11 23:57:55 mdean Exp $